I am all about pumpkin everything in the fall. Pumpkin pancakes, Pumpkin Ice Cream and even PSL’s. I decided to try to make a “healthier’ version of a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie – and they came out pretty good! Enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 cup almond flour (I like the Bob’s Red Mill kind)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree (I get mine in a can from Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar (also from Trader Joes)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of ground cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life brand dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350, line 2 cookie sheets with silpats, I use these from Sur La Table
- Stir together the Egg, Pumpkin Puree, Almond Butter, Coconut Sugar + Vanilla
- In a second bowl, stir together the almond flour, cinnamon, sat, gloves, nutmeg + baking soda
- Slowly combine wet + dry ingredients until all combined and add in Chocolate Chips at the end
- I chilled my dough in the freezer for about 20 minutes – the dough will be very sticky at first. Scoop into about 20 balls and place onto cookie sheets. These cookies will not spread, so push down on each one a little with the back of a spatula to flatten them out.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes. Let sit for about 2-3 minutes once you take out of the oven, and then moe to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I store ours in tupperware in the fridge. Enjoy!