I always struggle with breakfast foods for Brooklyn since she can’t have eggs. She usually gets full fat greek yogurt and some fruit, but I wanted to find a way for her to enjoy pancakes, one of my favorite breakfast foods!
I make a huge batch of these pancakes every Sunday and send her with one to daycare for her to enjoy with her yogurt each morning. These are so easy & yummy, that Charlie likes them too!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup sugar free apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of cinnamon
- A little coconut oil for cooking
- Fresh berries, unsweetened coconut shreds, honey…whatever you like to top your pancakes with
- Blend together the oats, almond milk, banana, apple sauce, baking powder & cinnamon in a high speed blender until you have a batter with a smooth consistency
- Heat up about 1 tsp of coconut oil in a non stick pan, and pour batter into pan. Be sure not to overcrowd – depending on my pan size I usually cook 2 or 4 at at time. Cook about 2-4 min per side. Let cool on a paper towel when done to absorb excess coconut oil
- I topped ours with fresh fruit & honey. If you are serving to an infant, make sure you don’t give them honey!