We’ve all been there. Where suddenly your Thursday feels like a Monday, you are trying to do 100 things at once, you spill your coffee on your white pants, you’re up against a deadline at work for a project that you don’t think you will meet, you get a parking ticket, you forget your grandma’s birthday, you can’t find your keys and the list goes on.
When one bad thing happens, it’s so easy to just assume the rest of your day will be bad and go about your day with a negative outlook. Here are some things that I’ve found have helped me turn my bad day into a better one!
- Do something nice for someone – I know when you’re day is going bad the last thing you want to do is help someone else out, but something as simple as holding open the door or smiling at a stranger can make you feel better.
- Go for a quick walk around the block – fresh air , a little Vitamin D and a quick walk can help clear your head. Leave your phone behind and really allow yourself to unplug for 10 minutes
- Call a friend – Sometimes you just need to call someone and vent to feel better. A quick chat with a good friend can help improve your day
- Workout – Sign up for your favorite spin class or go for a 30 minute run outside. Working out will help relieve stress and pump endorphins into your body. I’ve never not felt better after a workout, even if I wasn’t in a bad mood to begin with!
- Treat yourself! – Sometimes when nothing else works, I like to pick up a pint of Halo Top, get into bed early and watch my favorite show.
What are some things that you guys do to help turn a bad day into a better day?