A few of you guys have asked for more recipe posts. I have about 7-8 cookbooks that haven’t been taken out in over 1+ years! I really need to do a better job on the creativity level because we’ve been eating pretty much the same thing week after week. I partially blame winter & the cold weather, and then I blame me just being lazy. This week I want to share an easy recipe for a spring salad that I love.
I like to take advantage of the seasonal fruits & veggies when doing my meal planning. Asparagus is a staple that we eat at minimum once a week in our house. We usually like to grill or roast asparagus, but this week I thought I would do something different and throw it on top of a salad.
Along with my weekly changing grocery list, there are always a few staples that I like keep on hand: bananas for smoothies, almond butter, sliced turkey, almond/coconut milk, PB2, Green Apples, Cottage Cheese, Rice Cakes, frozen berries, hummus, yellow/orange peppers, cucumbers, eggs, ezekiel bread and lots of franks red hot sauce!
Spring Salad with Asparagus, Zucchini and Feta Recipe
- 1 bag of arugula or mixed greens
- 1 small bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 medium raw zucchini made into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 4 oz of feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- olive oil & red wine vinegar
- shaved parmesan for top of salad
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375, and roast the asparagus on a sheet pan drizzled with a little bit of olive oil, salt & pepper for 6-8 minutes
- Use the juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar and salt/pepper and whisk together to make a dressing (note, this will make a lot of dressing but you can store it in a mason jar and it should stay fresh for up to about a week in your fridge)
- toss together the mixed greens/arugula, zucchini ribbons, peas & feta
- top with shaved parmesan and dressing to taste